Carolyn Butler-Madden is the founder of Sunday Lunch, a marketing consultancy that specialises in cause and purpose-led marketing. Carolyn believes that by aligning a brand with a cause in a way that unlocks both brand and social value, businesses can do well by doing good.
Carolyn is the author of Amazon best-selling book Path To Purpose, Australia’s first book on cause marketing. She’s also a contributing author to B1G1’s Better Business, Better Life, Better World book. Her vision for the future is simple – Brands drive profit through purpose. Marketing becomes a force for good.
In this episode, Carolyn gives us a behind the scenes look at how cause marketing works, and talks about the history of the movement in Australia. She talks about how everything turned pink in Australia to support breast cancer, and how companies jumped on the bandwagon without giving any real thought to how it aligned with their brand. She tells us why this strategy is flawed, and how the ‘pink wave’ was a setback for the cause marketing movement in Australia.
Carolyn talks about the strategies and stories behind some of the brands who are the best at cause marketing, including Zambreros, Airbnb, Pampers, and Allphones. If you want to learn about the power of cause marketing and how you can strategically align giving within your business, then take a listen. Enjoy!
What You Will Discover in This Episode:
- How a trip to London turned into a 10-year career in the advertising industry.
- The cause marketing campaign that generated a 60% increase in brand trust.
- The misguided giving strategy that set Australia back years.
- How giving authentically with a strategically aligned purpose can be a powerful point of difference.
- Zambrero’s inspiring mission of giving 1 billion meals to those in need.
- How Airbnb used cause marketing to unlock $7 million worth of free media value.
- How Pampers’s giving strategy has enabled them to eliminate Maternal and Neonatal Tetanus in 20 countries.
- The story behind the success of the Allphones Red Hot Chilli Challenge campaign.
- Carolyn’s Book Path to Purpose
- Better Business, Better Life, Better World: The Movement Book
- Pampers Giving Back to the Community
- Zambrero’s Plate 4 Plate initiative
iTunes: https://itunes.apple. com/au/podcast/inspiring- business-for-good/ id1442173853?mt=2
Stitcher: https://www. stitcher.com/podcast/ inspiring-business-for-good
Soundcloud: https:// soundcloud.com/ inspiringbusinessforgood
Google Podcast: https://www.google.com/ podcasts?feed= aHR0cHM6Ly9pbnNwaXJlLmJ1c2luZX NzL2NhdGVnb3J5L2luc3BpcmluZy1i dXNpbmVzcy1mb3ItZ29vZC1wb2RjYX N0L2ZlZWQv
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to be notified when new episodes are released.
Episode show notes proudly produced by Content Jet.