Jeffrey Xia is an established philanthropist and business student at the University of Melbourne. He is the co-founder of Folding Our Futures, inspiring the next generation of changemakers through school programs and workshops.
Jeffrey is also heavily involved with JCI Australia, a worldwide family of young leaders creating positive change, both locally and globally, while also developing their skills and knowledge to make informed decisions for their community.
Jeffrey’s parents taught him to be altruistic from a young age and he became an active ambassador for the Red Cross and World Vision. He is also passionate about sustainability initiatives, a key reason why he became involved with Oaktree, Australia’s largest youth-run development agency.
In this episode, Jeffrey talks about the importance of engaging younger generations in social impact initiatives. He also discusses how changing the perception of youth as being disconnected has profound implications for the future and why harnessing their skills to become changemakers should be a priority.
Jeffrey speaks in-depth about the UN Global Goals and the core purpose of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) as an economic, social, and sustainable concept.
We also hear about Jeffrey’s passion for quality education and his work in low socio-economic communities. This an inspiring episode that will give you a new perspective on youth, leadership, and the future. Enjoy!
What You Will Discover in This Episode:
- How to empower youth to be philanthropic.
- The connection between youth service and lifelong service.
- Jeffrey sharing his experience of being socially aware and altruistic from a young age.
- Why young leaders can be leaders now, not just in the future.
- The importance of balancing the challenges of business with the bigger picture of impact and legacy.
- How to help younger generations use their skills for social impact.
- Why youth and leadership are not linear.
- Why it’s important to challenge the status quo.
- Why the mindset of ticking the box as an impact business needs to shift to something more profound.
Connect with Jeffrey:
Are you enjoying the podcast? Listen to the episode here and leave us a review:
iTunes: https://itunes.apple. com/au/podcast/inspiring- business-for-good/ id1442173853?mt=2
Stitcher: https://www. stitcher.com/podcast/ inspiring-business-for-good
Soundcloud: https:// soundcloud.com/ inspiringbusinessforgood
Google Podcast: https://www.google.com/ podcasts?feed= aHR0cHM6Ly9pbnNwaXJlLmJ1c2luZX NzL2NhdGVnb3J5L2luc3BpcmluZy1i dXNpbmVzcy1mb3ItZ29vZC1wb2RjYX N0L2ZlZWQv
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to be notified when new episodes are released.
Episode show notes proudly produced by Content Jet.