Sonja Walker is a superhero to many families and children in Australia. Sonja is the Founder of Kids First Children’s Services, known for helping kids (and their parents and teachers) thrive, and not just cope, as they navigate the ups and downs of preschool, school, and life. If you have a child who is preparing for school, you’re going to find this episode incredibly valuable.
At Kids First, Sonja leads an award-winning team of psychologists, speech pathologists, occupational therapists and teachers, and they have supported more than 11,000 children and families in the past 11 years. Sonja is also the author of Amazon best-selling book, School Ready: A practical and supportive guide for parents with sensitive kids.
In this episode, Sonja joins us to talk about what motivated her to start Kids First Children’s Services despite having no previous business experience. She gives us an inside look at the impact Kids First is making and shares tips and advice for kids and parents who are preparing for school.
Sonja also talks about the impact Kids First makes on the world through their Therapists For Good initiative. She also describes the impact that giving has had on her team and her business and explains how easy it is to incorporate a giving strategy into your business thanks to B1G1. If you’re a parent, new business owner, or even a child going through school, you’re going to love this conversation. Enjoy!
What You Will Discover in This Episode:
- Sonja’s first memory of helping others as a young girl.
- Why she gravitated towards children who had special needs.
- What motivated and inspired Sonja to create Kids First Children’s Services.
- Why Sonja took the leap and started her own business in 2007 despite having no experience.
- Why asking the right questions of your school is so important.
- Sonja’s advice for kids who are preparing for school.
- How Sonja has integrated giving into her business via their Therapist for Good program.
- How quick and easy it is to give back thanks to B1G1’s platform.
- School Ready: A Practical and Supportive Guide for Parents with Sensitive Kids
- Free Parent Guidebooks
- Kids First’s Therapists For Good Initiative
Connect with Sonja:
Are you enjoying the podcast? Listen to the episode here and leave us a review:
iTunes: https://itunes.apple. com/au/podcast/inspiring- business-for-good/ id1442173853?mt=2
Stitcher: https://www. stitcher.com/podcast/ inspiring-business-for-good
Soundcloud: https:// soundcloud.com/ inspiringbusinessforgood
Google Podcast: https://www.google.com/ podcasts?feed= aHR0cHM6Ly9pbnNwaXJlLmJ1c2luZX NzL2NhdGVnb3J5L2luc3BpcmluZy1i dXNpbmVzcy1mb3ItZ29vZC1wb2RjYX N0L2ZlZWQv
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to be notified when new episodes are released.
Episode show notes proudly produced by Content Jet.