Ale Wiecek on Happiness at Work, Customer Rituals & Being a Business For Good
Ale Wiecek is an empathic Customer Experience Design Consultant and Human Centred Strategist with over 17 years’ international experience. She is the Founder of Sqr One, a customer experience design studio dedicated to helping businesses design products, services, and strategies that matter.
Ale is also passionate about giving back, having been inspired after reading Toms Founder Black Mycoskie’s book while on holiday in Bali. Her business, Sqr One, now donates 25% of their profits through causes like B1G1 and IDEO. Ale talks about the impacts that giving has on not only the world, but your business, your team, and your life.
Ale also dives deep into the power behind giving customers a human-centric experience when they interact with your business online. She talks about how design sprints and journey mapping can help you delight your customers. Ale also shares some wonderful stories about happiness at work and going above and beyond to satisfy your clients. Enjoy!
What You Will Discover in This Episode:
- Ale’s journey from Venezuela, to working in London, to now living in Brisbane.
- The inspiration behind Ale’s design thinking business, Sqr One.
- Why Ale believes giving customers a human-centric experience is so important.
- Why Blake Mycoskie’s biography inspired Ale to give back.
- The story of a Denmark agency’s ‘Happiness at Work’ initiative.
- The customer rituals that will help you improve your service and reputation.
- The importance of design sprints and journey mapping in business.
- Why Sqr One donates 25% of their profits through causes like B1G1 and IDEO.
- Conscious Capitalism: Liberating the Heroic Spirt of Business
- Start Something That Matters by Blake Mycoskie
- Blake Mycoskie’s Bio
- Woo Hoo Inc’s Happiness at Work initiative
- Sqr One’s values
Connect with Ale:
Are you enjoying the podcast? Listen to the episode here and leave us a review:
iTunes: https://itunes.apple. com/au/podcast/inspiring- business-for-good/ id1442173853?mt=2
Stitcher: https://www. stitcher.com/podcast/ inspiring-business-for-good
Soundcloud: https:// soundcloud.com/ inspiringbusinessforgood
Google Podcast: https://www.google.com/ podcasts?feed= aHR0cHM6Ly9pbnNwaXJlLmJ1c2luZX NzL2NhdGVnb3J5L2luc3BpcmluZy1i dXNpbmVzcy1mb3ItZ29vZC1wb2RjYX N0L2ZlZWQv
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to be notified when new episodes are released.
Episode show notes proudly produced by Content Jet.