Today on the Podcast I have a very special guest – Glen Carlson. Glen is the co-founder of Dent Global and the Key Person of Influence Accelerator. Dent offers training, advisory, and business services for rising stars of business, and they’ve recently completed their 97th intake of the KPI program.
When it comes to people who have had a profound impact on my business and life, Glen is up there with the likes of Paul Dunn and Daniel Flynn. He’s not only an expert on things like pitching, publishing, and partnerships, but his insights on giving through business are game-changing.
In this episode, Glen takes us right back to the days of growing his very first business with Daniel Priestley. He talks about the valuable lessons he learned around leveraging profile and building influence, and how that lead to the creation of the KPI program.
Glen also talks about his first giving experience in business, when he teamed up with The Hunger Project to donate the revenue from his event ticket sales. He talks about the incredible impact this giving gesture had on his business and the light bulb moment where he realised how powerful giving could be.
Glen also dives deep into the ‘multiplier effect’ of giving, explaining the multi-faceted benefits giving has on your business and life. He talks about the common objections to giving and how to get past them, and the emotional impact the Global Goals ‘We the People’ video had on his team. Glen will inspire you to adopt a giving program in your business while explaining just how easy and affordable it is. Enjoy!
What You Will Discover in This Episode:
- Glen’s first giving experience through business with The Hunger Project.
- Why hunger is our greatest asset.
- How Glen discovered the power behind leveraging a business owner’s reputation and profile.
- How giving makes you stand out and acts as a powerful differentiator.
- How B1G1 makes giving effortless and easy for any business.
- The multiplier effect of giving.
- How Dent gamified giving to encourage their clients to take action and complete tasks.
- Why you should start giving now rather than waiting until you’re successful.
- Video – Global Goals: We the People
- Free KPI Book
- The Dent Podcast
- Free KPI Scorecard
Connect with Glen:
Are you enjoying the podcast? Listen to the episode here and leave us a review:
Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes to be notified when new episodes are released.